Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Happy 4th!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend celebrating all of the things that make America a wonderful place to live! In honor of the occasion, Anna Grace and I made a flag to hang on the wall.

First we gathered our supplies. I always keep construction paper on hand and I remembered we had this great star punch! If not, you could use anything white like beans, pom poms, cotton balls, etc.


Then Anna Grace punched the stars out. This is great for their pincher grasp and prewriting skills.

I cut the big blue square and put the glue out and Anna Grace put all the stars in place.


Again, I cut the stripes and let her glue. Then with a few extra stripes I let her practice her scissor skills.


The finished product.


Ta Da!


Look at that pride!


Doesn't get much better than that! There are lots of crafts we could have done but since it was spur of the moment we just used what we had available and she couldn't be happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment