Monday, November 22, 2010

Easy Peasy


Easy Peasy Beef Stew

Well, I promise this isn't turning into a recipe blog, but my main writing topic is very under the weather and we haven't done anything worth photographing or even mentioning, unless of course you are into boogers and Barney.

I adapted this recipe from my Mother in Law's recipe. It was already a delicious and easy one but I thought I'd give it a try in the crock-pot, and boy does that make everything easier!



Here goes:

1 64oz. bottle of V8 Juice
1 24oz. Veg-All canned veggies (I used a smaller can and added baby carrots, chopped celery and onions that I had previously chopped and froze, and a potato.)
1 pkg. Lipton Onion Soup Mix or McCormick's Beef Stew mix
2 lbs. beef stew meat

Throw it all in the crock-pot for 4 hours on high or 8 on low. Ta-da! Now if you want to go even further in the easy category you should invest in these:

slow-cooker-liners.jpg


There was a coupon in last week's SS for $1.00 off making these $.92 a box. With 4 in a box, that means it only costs 23 cents not to do the dishes! Well worth it if you ask me! And to get over the guilt factor from adding more trash that's not recyclable, I am investing in these:


il_fullxfull.195108106.jpg


You can order these on Etsy here. What a great idea! I LOVE my Swiffer, but hate throwing away the mop part every time. Since I won't be throwing out my mop heads, I think the net effect from the liners will be zero.


1 comment:

  1. This looks good, thanks Brittany! First cold day.... stew!

    ReplyDelete