Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Moving On Up!

We moved Anna Grace into her very own big girl bed this past weekend! Now, if you know me, I am a reader. I read everything I could on what the best protocol for achieving a smooth transition was. We were going to be prepared. The problem with all of that reading though, was each article or book talked about children who LIKED their cribs and did not want to move. Anna Grace has NEVER liked her crib. Was this going to make it better or worse? Would she hop right out and come down the hall in the middle of the night? Would it take even longer to get her to sleep?

Well... it was a success! If I would have known the results we would have just skipped the crib altogether! My child, who has never put herself to sleep, got tucked in under her covers, kissed good night and she told Aaron he could leave! Are you for real?? Was this just first night luck? Nope. She has done this ever since and she is sleeping 11-12 hours a night! Wahoo!! I'll post pictures of her bed later, but right now she is tucked in and "sleeping like a baby". It's about time.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the new babies room too! and know the name?

    ReplyDelete